City, State, Zip
Re: Freedom of Information Act Request
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act, The Sunshine Act 5 U.S.C. § 552b, and Oklahoma Open Records Act 51 OK Stat § 51-24A.5, I request that a photocopy of the following documents be provided to me:
- A photocopy of your Public Official Surety Bond required by Oklahoma70 OK Stat § 70-5-116a
- A photocopy of the governing board of education blanket surety bond if your board requires the members to be bonded under a blanket bond.
- A photocopy of your Errors & Omissions (E&O), a Surety Liability Insurance policy, and the Duty of Care policy if applicable.
- A photocopy of your school board General Obligation Bonds if applicable.
- A photocopy of your general long-term bond for the school board if applicable.
- A photocopy of your school board Crime Policy if applicable.
- A photocopy of your Risk Management Policy if applicable.
- A photocopy of the following documents if applicable:
- ACORD 125
- ACORD 126
- ACORD 127
- ACORD 128
- The documents should indicate the policy number and the insured amount of the policy.
- Certificate of Liability if applicable.
- Public Officials and/or any other bonds pertaining to proof of liability and policies. **Based on any and all loses of financial responsibility due to negligence or dishonesty. Any and all based on the contract of terms and conditions.
- A photocopy of your faithful Performance Bond if applicable.
- A photocopy of your Fidelity Bond if applicable.
- A photocopy of your Public Employee Dishonesty Policy if applicable.
- A photocopy of your Public Employee Blanket Bond if applicable.
- A photocopy of your Statutory Bond if applicable.
- A photocopy of the power of attorney for the surety bond company.
- A photocopy of the Blanket Bond power of attorney for the surety bond company if applicable.
- A photocopy of your oath of office.
I am a private citizen seeking information concerning your public official surety bond, or the Errors & Omissions (E&O), and or the Duty of Care policy that you are required by the state of Oklahoma to obtain before swearing the oath of office.
Oklahoma Open Records Act 51 OK Stat § 51-24A.5
All records of public bodies and public officials shall be open to any person for inspection, copying, or mechanical reproduction during regular business hours
70 OK Stat § 70-5-116a
- The superintendent and any financial officer of a school district shall be required to furnish a surety bond in the penal sum of not less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00) or an amount otherwise set by law or set by the State Board of Education, to be approved as provided by law, and to assure the faithful performance of the duties of the covered officer and employees.
- Whenever the superintendent or any officer or other employee of any school district is required to furnish a surety bond as a prerequisite to employment as provided for in this section or any other law, the requirement as to terms, conditions, penalty, amount or quality or type of surety shall be deemed to mean the furnishing of a separate bond or surety contract for each individual officer or employee, or the furnishing of a “blanket bond”. For purposes of this section, “blanket bond” means a school district officer and employees blanket position bond which covers all officers and employees up to the penalty of the bond for each officer and employee and the full penalty of the bond is always enforced during its term and no restoration is necessary and there is no additional premium after a loss is paid.
- All surety bonds as required by this section or other laws shall be furnished by a company duly qualified under the insurance laws of this state and shall be purchased by the school district. Each surety bond shall be payable to the school district and, whenever possible, conditioned on the faithful performance of the duties of the individuals covered during their employment or term of office and that they will properly account for all monies and property received by virtue of their position or employment.
Public Official Surety Bond requests fall under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. § 552, The Sunshine Act 5 U.S.C. § 552b, Oklahoma Open Records Act 51 OK Stat § 51-24A.5 by law you are obligated to supply me with this information.
It is public knowledge in the State of Oklahoma that all school boards in the state and the superintendents are required to be bonded, carry a surety liability insurance policy, an Errors & Omissions, or a Duty of Care policy.
Thank you for your consideration of this request.