Government Elected Officers

Government Elected Official

STEP 1: Look on the website for your state to determine the law governing Public Official Bonds.

STEP 2: If the public official is required to obtain the bond from a Surety Bond Company:

  1. Look on the Government website for your state. Find the treasurer email address and write an email requesting the bond information.
  2. Find the name of the Surety Bond Company.
  3. Call the Surety Bond Company and ask for a certified copy of the Surety Bond.
  4. Be prepared to pay for the certified copy of the bond.

STEP 3: If the public official is required by the state to keep a book for their seal and certified copies of the bond.

  1. Write letter to the public official requesting a copy of the Surety Bond.
  2. State the revised code that informs the public officers of his duties to supply you with the certified copy of the bond.
  3. Deliver the letter to the public official.
  4. Be prepared to pay for the certified copy of the bond.

STEP 4: Once you obtain the certified copy of the bond:

  1. Write the public official a letter of intent. You can find the form on the website.
  2. State the reason you are making a claim against his bond.
  3. Indicate the state codes he has broken.
  4. Outline the injuries you have suffered.
  5. Give the official time to correct the problem.

If the Public Official does not correct the problem.

STEP 5: File a claim against the public official surety bond:

  1. Talk with the surety bond company and ask about the rules for filing against a Public Official Surety Bond.
  2. Each Surety Bond Company is different.
  3. Follow the instructions the Surety Bond Company gives you.

Note: Filing claims against Public Official Surety Bonds is different than filing claims against other types of Surety Bonds. In most cases you will only need to write a letter to the Surety Bond Company to file your claim. In the letter state the revised codes that the public officer violated and how this has injured you. Details are important when drafting your claim letter.

The letter should indicate the amount of damages you are seeking. The amount of damages cannot exceed the amount of the surety bond. Use legal terms “negligent infliction of emotional distress” or property damage. Your offspring is your property according to the LAW. You created them.

STEP 6: If the state requires the public official to file his bond with the state:

  1. Write a letter to the state and file your claim.
  2. In your letter state the injury you or your family has received.
  3. List the revised codes the public office has violated.
  4. Detail how he has violated his oath of office.
  5. Submit the clam to the Treasure of the State.